Modern award wages
Modern awards commenced operation from 1 January 2010. All businesses now observe the pay and conditions contained within the modern awards; however, some apprentices will continue to be covered by the state system and not the modern award.
Annual wage review 2012
Can't see information about the annual wage review? Please log in using your member details to access this information.
Master Builders produces wage circulars for its members, summarising important information from a range of modern awards.
Wage circulars for modern awards effective 1 July 2012:
- Building and construction wages
- Clerical wages
- Draftsperson (miscellaneous) wages
- Gardening and landscaping wages
- Joinery and building trades wages
- Manufacturing and associated industries and occupations wages
- Mobile crane hiring wages
- Pest control wages
- Plumbing and fire sprinklers wages
- Road transport and distribution wages
- Timber industry wages (cabinet makers)
View full versions of modern awards
View full versions of building and construction industry modern awards:
Can't see the links to full versions of the building and construction industry modern awards? Please log in using your member details to access this information.
Modern Award Manual
Master Builders Modern Award Manual (Second Edition) provides employers with comprehensive guidance about the main modern award for the construction sector – the Building and Construction General On-Site Award 2010.
The manual provides:
- Links to key decisions by Fair Work Commission
- Practical examples
- Essential historical and industrial relations perspectives.
Updated annually from 1 July for any amendments by Fair Work Commission (including its minimum wage decisions), the manual is the must-have publication for all employers trying to navigate this complex modern award.
Modern award flexibility
Modern awards also contain a flexibility term, which means employers and employees will be able to negotiate changes to meet their individual needs relating to issues specified in the clause, providing that:
- There is a genuine agreement to do so
- The conditions don’t dip below the award
- The employee is better off under the agreement.
Please have your Master Builders membership number handy when you call.