Queensland Master Builders Association Industrial Organisation of Employers (ABN: 96 641 989 386) trading as Master Builders.
1. Your rights
Master Builders seeks to comply at all times with the provisions of the Privacy Act 1988 (the Act), which regulates the collection, storage, quality, use and disclosure of personal and sensitive information, and ensures that you are given certain rights in respect of this information.
Master Builders has adopted the National Privacy Principles (NPP) published by the Privacy Commissioner – a copy of which is available on request – and operates in accordance with those principles.
2. Collection of personal information
Master Builders chiefly obtains personal information – including sensitive information – from you as an applicant for membership or for insurance, as a purchaser or user of Master Builders products, services, website, and/or as an applicant for employment with the association.
In addition, Master Builders routinely receives or obtains personal information about third parties (which can include you) from other members, from members of the public and from public records.
All such information will, or may, be used for any or all of the following purposes:
- Membership records, administration, marketing of individual members to actual or potential clients
- Membership drives
- Dissemination to you of Master Builders releases and other information relevant to members and/or to the public
- Insurance records, administration and insurance marketing
- Training records, administration and marketing
- Disclosure of personal information by Master Builders to third parties, including to facilitate marketing approaches by or on behalf of Master Builders or on behalf of businesses listed on our website
- General administrative and marketing purposes of the association
- Statistical analyses and reports
- Administration of the Master Builders Constitution and the Master Builders Australia Code of Practice
- Exchange of information with other state Master Builders associations and with Master Builders Australia
- Marketing of Master Builders and of sponsors' products and services to you
- Marketing of selected other products and services to you (where applicable)
- Consideration of applications for employment.
4. Your consent
In supplying personal information, you agree to any or all of the above uses of your personal information that you supply to Master Builders. You also agree to similar use of other personal information that we may obtain about you from other sources mentioned above.
Subject to the Act, if Master Builders acquires any of your personal information in other ways, or if Master Builders uses your personal information for purposes other than those listed above (or purposes reasonably related to, or to be reasonably implied from, those), Master Builders will notify you and seek your consent.
Whenever reasonably practicable, Master Builders will seek such consent in advance of, but in any case as soon as practicable after, such event. At such times, Master Builders will take reasonable steps to inform you of:
- The purpose/s for which the information is collected
- Any law (where applicable) that requires us to collect that information
- The main consequences if you refuse or fail to supply any item or items of information, or to authorise its collection or its use.
5. Records containing personal information
The Act allows individuals to access and (if appropriate) to correct or to update the records held containing personal information relating to themselves.
Subject to the provisions of the Act, on request Master Builders will arrange access for you to inspect your personal information held by Master Builders. If, following such inspection, you wish to update or correct any item or items of your personal information, arrangements will be made for you to apply for such update or correction.
Master Builders will not disclose your personal information to third parties unless you consent or have already consented to such disclosure where such disclosure is permitted, or required, under the Act or other legislation.
7. Information storage and security
Personal information is stored electronically and/or in hard copy either at Master Builders or a professional storage facility.
8. Risks of using the Internet
Transmitting information via the Internet carries a security risk, which Master Builders cannot and will not attempt to control. Before using the Internet for communication, please assess the attendant risks, and proceed only if you are prepared to accept those risks.
9. Opting out
If you do not want us to send you any information about services, you can opt out by writing to The Privacy Officer, Master Builders, 417 Wickham Terrace, Brisbane Queensland 4000, faxing your request to (07) 3225 6545, or emailing your request.
For all privacy inquiries please contact the Privacy Officer on (07) 3225 6444.
10. Accountability and feedback
You can obtain more information about your rights and about remedies of any breaches from the Privacy Commissioner on 1800 023 985 or by visiting the Australian Government website.
We welcome any feedback you may care to provide concerning our privacy policies or practices. Please send your feedback to The Privacy Officer, 417 Wickham Terrace, Brisbane Queensland 4000.
You can also contact the Privacy Officer by telephone on (07) 3225 6444, fax on (07) 3225 6545 and email.