Master Builders strives for service excellence. To us, this means delivering timely and quality information and services in ways that meet the needs of our customers.
Annual report 2011
The Master Builders annual report is a record of our performance on behalf of the industry, and also explains who we are, what we do and how we do it.
2010–2011 was an incredibly tough year, with our vision for representing the building and construction industry never more vital. As we dealt with the toughest economic climate for a decade and some of the worst natural disasters ever seen in Queensland, our role of disseminating information and advice and ensuring our industry received the assistance it needed, became more important than ever.
- Provided information and advice during times of natural disasters that assisted members and their families to get their businesses and lives back up and running
- Launched the 'Queenslanders rebuilding Queensland' campaign to ensure local contractors were awarded disaster repair work
- Developed an online and over the phone Disaster Repair Register to help consumers find properly licensed, local contractors and find members work
- Raised our profile by achieving more than $500,000 of media coverage
- Participated in a number of government forums to identify kick start measures for the building industry, including the Building Boost Grant
- Answered more than 4,800 technical, legal, contractual and dispute queries
- Responded to more than 4,000 workplace relations and workplace health and safety queries, following industrial and workplace health and safety reforms
- Developed and released a variety of new products, including ProtectionPLUS contract works and public liability insurance policies, Master Builders First Choice business packages and a new Telstra plan for members
- Delivered subsidised training packages to industry participants across Queensland
- After many years of lobbying for a government voice, Master Builders welcomed the appointment of a dedicated building industry minister
- Master Builders Foundation continued to provide support to the building industry and Queensland community, with almost $400,000 worth of donations made.